About the Findley Fellas
We are David Findley and Dane Findley – we have a passion for providing stellar service to our clients, helping them to buy and sell the highest quality luxury homes and lifestyle properties.
Receive Our Updates:
Subscribe to our FREE newsletter
and you'll never again miss
one of our helpful articles.
From David Findley:
This week we surpassed 2,000 subscribers (amazing!) and Dane and I want to convey to you our sincere gratitude.
Curating the Quality of Life Newsletter is one of our greatest joys and we’re thankful for the opportunity to provide others with inspirational information that can help improve their daily quality of life.
Surpassing 2,000 subscribers also seems like the perfect time to reestablish how we might be helpful to you.
"What Do You Do?"
We’re house matchmakers.
We match people with the lifestyle properties that can help transform their daily life into something more joyful and enriching.
We do this, in part, by researching the happiest and healthiest neighborhoods in the world and identifying what it is that sets them apart.
"What Problems Do You Solve?"
When I first started selling luxury beach homes in warm-weather climates (nearly 40 years ago!) the real estate contract was a single page. Those were simpler times!
Today, the real estate contract for a typical high-end estate is a heavy folder several inches thick.
Most clients would be surprised to learn how much complex contractual work happens behind the scenes for each of their home purchases and sales.
To be brutally frank, not all real estate professionals today are detail-oriented enough to efficiently handle the hundreds of points required for a successful transaction – many tend to become overwhelmed or emotionally escalated, and that’s when important items become overlooked and deals can disintegrate.
We help people have the most successful, enjoyable real estate transaction possible.
"How Are You Different?"
Many real estate professionals are, in essence, salespeople. They are extroverts who have a knack for generating new "leads."
In my case, I am not a salesperson: I'm a trusted advisor.
And I don't have leads, I have clients.
I do not work transactionally. I work as an advisor for my clients helping them achieve what is in their best interests.
In other words, the specific transaction is less important to me than the long-term relationship.
"Why Should I Care?"
If you are intrigued by the notion of improving your daily quality of life, then I encourage you to contact us whenever you have real estate needs or questions.
Our clients enjoy having a home that is more than just a house – but also a foundation from which to create a more joyful lifestyle.
Dane and I thrive most when we can help others find the home that best matches their unique interests and needs.
11 Things about Dane Findley:
1. I was born and raised in California.
2. One rainy Saturday afternoon as a young boy, I happened to see a Tony Curtis movie on tv called The Rat Race – and it occurred to me for the first time that I was a "creative type."
3. I’ve worked as a wellness coach and Pilates trainer for decades. To this day, I remain passionate about fitness, yoga and – in particular – Pilates.
4. I have a masters degree in counseling psychology and have over 200 health articles published online.
5. I love people, yet I require enormous amounts of solitude in order to maintain my happy disposition.
6. I live on an off-the-grid, tropical island farm. I shower outdoors in rain water, and my electricity comes from the sun.
7. Professionally, my spouse and I help people upgrade their daily lifestyle by finding them the home that best matches their unique interests – including people who are relocating internationally.
8. I wiggle my toes a lot – I’m a big believer in joy.
9. Among my favorite novels of all time is Another Roadside Attraction – a quirky story that reveals how to allow abundant happiness into your life even when you’re convinced you’ll never fully fit in.
10. The most inspiring movie I’ve ever seen is a 1940s melodrama called Now, Voyager. It reveals a heroine’s journey from woundedness into empowerment.
11. I’m so enthusiastic about helping people craft their ideal lifestyle that, together with David, I curate this website.